Sunday, January 30, 2011

lovely weather...sick boys

We have been having some lovely weather the last couple of days...the thermometer today says 72*! Yesterday was nice also...I heard Geneva telling Kylan that she milked last night with the curtains up! LOL, here in the south we don't have solid walls on the dairy barns, there are heavy duty curtains they pull shut when it gets cold...so she was crowing about the fact that it was warm enough to have them open!! Kylan answers back that he went shopping without a coat!

Thorton has been fighting a cold all week, and Thurs morning he woke with a definite fever...about 12:30 Miss Ashley called home and said she was concerned about Quinten. He hadn't been acting 'normal'so I went and brought him home too. He did sleep all afternoon, but other than that, didn't act real sick. By Fri he had fever, and was on the couch most of the day! I thought maybe they would be well by this morning, but Thorton is still coughing and Quinten felt a bit warm...so took his temp and it was 99.1*...fever??? Anyway we were home from church and got to use our churches 'new' conference line and hear the message at home anyway!! What a blessing. The boys had been out for awhile earlier and I think their Daddy wanted to make better timing on his walk, cause he sent them in. Now they have been bugging me for the last 1/2 hour that they want to play ball!!

And yesterday I felt like a 'torn' mom! Maurita and Kylan had got these Krispie Kreme doughnut coupons that they really wanted to use, and we did need some things in Columbia, so Ivan told me to go and take them! I really don't like to do things like that without him, but I knew he didn't want to 'blow' the whole day shopping. And besides all that with 2 little sick boys at home...but we went. I told Quinten if he needed to get hold of Ivan what he needed to dial on the phone. Gwynndon was in and out also...so they weren't totally 'home alone'!! KKD was our 2nd stop of the day...and if I had known...I would have made it be the last one! Soon after that Kylan took up the refrain...'when are we going home' and similar statements! He was pleased at the Goodwill store to find two little houses, that he thought they could use for their train set up. Actually one was a fire station and he thought they had enough fire trucks at home to set around it!! So hope his day wasn't totally in vain!! Last weekend in Helen GA, one of our stops was a model train setup of the country of Germany. Since then Gwynndon and Kylan have a renewed interest in their train set up...Gwynndon is trying to figure out what to use to make roads...

One of the things I found at Goodwill was a complete set, minus #1 of the Thomas Maxwell Bible story books! I thought it said hardbacks were $2 a piece, so I was figuring them at $19...and the clerk said, oh no, theses are childrens books, they are $1 apiece. I sure didn't argue on that one...knowing several years ago I had seen them at the flea market, and they wanted $99 for the set!! I had the first one at home, so now my set is complete!!

When we got home, the gate was shut and the place looked a bit deserted, except for the saw that we heard buzz occasionally from the general area of the swamp. Ivans project that he got accomplished yesterday was working on the 'boardwalk' in the swamp. Sometime ago they transported the 30 ft wheel chair ramp from the neighbors house down there, but we couldn't really use it...as the one end was 3 ft in the air, so you had to take a running jump to get on it! :) After he got that lowered properly, he then proceeded to build more walk. I haven't been down yet for a 'walk on the boardwalk'...so not sure where it goes to. One reported that its clear to the river, and one other said, oh, no, just to the deer stand! So maybe I will go take a jaunt right now to find out!! Later~~

1 comment: