Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our story of Dec...

The first weekend in Dec, Ivan and I went to PA. All of my brothers and sisters joined us there to help Mom remember that she is now 80! Sun for lunch we invited all the local, mobile aunts and uncles for lunch. Uncle Amos didn't make it on the first picture.





Some of the annual cookie plates...


Dec 14, 2010...our 25th anniversary. The girls prepared us a lovely supper. The bouquet was from Dannys, Garys, and Allens.




The night all the rest of the children were Christmas caroling...Ivan lined up the 'stair steps' to record in history!!


Dec 21 we had all the 'Heges in the south' for Christmas. With Mom and Jean here...we totaled 43...so we had it in the back of the shop this year! Unfortunately...they took lots of pictures of the decor...but no one thought about the food buffet, and while everyone was eating!!




The Fri before Christmas I got a ride to PA and drove Mom and Jean down here for 1 1/2 weeks, so they got to spend Christmas with us this year!


All day Sunday the 26, we had snow flurries...and Mon morning this is what it looked like when we woke up...



This is what has been occupying the little boys attention the last while...Thorton got another set this year to add to the total array!



This has been happening the last 2 weeks...as often as I can 'coax' them into helping me! Andrea is the most willing helper...and she is leaving tomorrow...boo..hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dena, I didn't know you had a blog. I just found it today somehow. I'll be sure to check back once in a while to see what is up in your life! : )
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Maxine, if you check...you will see that I'm not real faithful...do you have one? A lot of Ivans family do, and it is a good way to keep up with each other, I enjoy reading theirs, so try to reciprocate ever so often!! Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I don't have one. On Larry's side of the family we have a fri email, so that keeps us up to date somewhat. My family used to do that when some were in Haiti but it has gone by the wayside. I think we should start it again though.
    Love,
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete