Sunday, January 29, 2012

I took another rambling walk...

These are some picts that I found yesterday morning. Ivan was the one who wasn't to be found. I did know where he was tho'...and I hoped to get a pict of his load before he left, but didn't make it. He informed me Thurs that he had 4 gardens to till on Sat. I asked if mine was one of them...but since the farmer didn't bring the manure yet...mine wasn't in the plan!! :-)



Found Ryan and Thorton out by the sawmill. I think that big log grew in a unique pattern. It actually looks twisted on the outside, didn't see what the boards look like when they are cut!





This pile of logs is waiting for Ivan to find time to cut them up. It arrived as semi load of highline poles that we held our breath while it managed to back down along the bank, and get back into the sawmill. Ivan fessed up later that he wished he would never have suggested it, cause the front tires of the semi were right on top of the bank...had it given way!! Well, we are glad it didn't.

Ambling out to the shop, I found some boys industriously doing Sat morning jobs!



I found Quinten 'working' on his 'shack' in the woods... one blessing of the sawmill, the boys have more than enough 'scrap' lumber at their disposal to use to their hearts content!!


Besides taking pictures, this is what I had to show for myself!


Back in the house, Andrea was trying to find a dessert to make for today...


The covered pan in front of her has small broccoli plants coming. I did uncover it and take another picture, but Andrea didn't 'pose' very well...



And this concludes the next episode in Sat morning at Ivans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment