Sunday, January 8, 2012

Trouble on this side of the tracks!!

Dannys made a quick trip to PA the beginning of the week and brought Mom and Jean back with them. Fri evening we enjoyed our 'holiday family gathering' at Dannys, hosted by their 5 married children. The supper was delicious, the big thing was the 'whole pig' that we all got to enjoy choice morsels from!
Today we were planning to gather at our house, just Dannys, Garys and us with the children that live at home yet. Well, last night late Kylan made a visit to our bedroom and said his stomach did not feel well, but he couldn't upchuck. I am like well, great, go to bed! I had him take some tums and got him some peppermint gum, which sometimes can have a calming effect. I didn't hear more out of him till about 6, when he said he feels like he needs to throw up, but nothing will come! I am like well please be glad it won't come! I am a sympathizing Mom, can't you tell!
Well, in the meantime, I lost count how many times, but Delvin kept making periodic trips to my bed giving me updates on his progress. Guess he thought if he couldn't sleep, that I shouldn't be allowed to either!! So this morning I was laying there wondering how early I dare call Cheryl to inform her of the night happenings at our house, when the phone rings about 7...and the caller ID said Gary Hege! She wondered how things were at our house, and I told her that I was wondering how early I dare call her, and she said so you didn't get any sleep last night either! Here, her children were taking turns dropping last night too...except it swept thru all 6 of them! So she wondered if she could send her potatoes that she was planning to bring with Ryan, who was there milking!
So...I called Benita to inform her of the trouble on this side of the tracks...and she said they would talk it over and let me know. In a bit she called back and said maybe they would just stay at home. We talked about the food a bit, she had just finished covering a big dish of 7 layer salad!! So we were going to trade salad for potatoes and dessert. It wasn't long and she called back, and wondered if I was the one who would be staying home from church. (I haven't been there since Christmas Sunday, BTW!) I assured her that I would be, cause Ivan had to teach, and she wondered if I needed another 'victim'! Here Jean wasn't fairing very well herself! In talking then, Danny said that they had been exposed, so they might as well come for lunch anyway.
In the meanwhile, after Maurita had heard the details of the night, she discovered that was why her stomach was doing some fluttering around...Ryan came home from the barn and went straight to bed...he wasn't feeling very up to power either! Thorton is taking his turn this afternoon! I lost track of how many times he has come and told me that his stomach hurts, in a whinny tone! I finally told him that I think I knew that, cause he told me before!!
So..we had 'company' and there were a total of 11 at the table! It was fun to have just a small 'table full' for a change, and also was most interesting in the amount of food that was consumed! I think by that time we were all wondering who the next victim might be, and took portions accordingly!! So, not sure what 'bug' was making his way around Friday night, but he did his job well, and was very potent!
...just maybe one of these times I might get to attend church again! :-)!

1 comment: