Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sat morning business...

This morning I went out to the shop...knowing that Ivan finally received his 'Christmas' gift...an automatic garage door opener for the door where he now keeps his truck. A few years back, he had got another one for the same reason...I think he secretly keeps moving his trucks parking place...you know eventually then all the doors will have openers!! LOL!!
Anyway, I found all kinds of things going on, so decided to do pictures of Sat mornings activities!! I couldn't find Ryan tho'...



I like this one...looks like Ivan and Gwynndon are sharing some private joke!



And the story behind this next picture is a project that started about a year ago. Carl H asked Ivan about building a trash trailer for at school. They needed to do something, and he thought that might fit the bill. Well in the meantime before it was finished, someone else lined up and paid for a dumpster to be behind the school. Carl called Ivan and said could he please not build it...well, when you are in the middle of a project, you can't really just quit, so Ivan had Gwynndon continue to build it. Carl came back later and said to Ivan, 'you know I think maybe they might can use it at Heritage Bible School'. Well, that was a dead end street too, they had just taken the one they had there to Billy Stoll and had them completely redo it. So in the meantime, Gwynndon kept plugging away at this trailer. Last week one day it was finally finished enough to paint, and then they sat it along the road one day this week. I saw it out there and cringed thinking of 'that dead horse' and whoever was going to come along and buy it! 'Oh ye of little faith'! About Thurs afternoon Kylan made a comment about his Daddy having sold the trailer, but something about a door being put into the gate. I inquired to Ivan and here Wendell H stopped in and it was exactly what he and Gordan had been talking about they needed to haul calves between their properties, but it needed a door. So when I got to the shop this morning, Gwynndon was actually working at the 'door', so decided to add a pict of this one too.
...and in the house...



...and I was going to take a pict to show that Andrea was doing double duty...and this is the thanks I got!!

But when I told her what I was up too...she did cooperate a bit nicer!!

Andrea was making some snide comments about Geneva just being lazy, but she had actually got up fairly early this morning, got her cleaning done and was sewing. She had taken a break from that to get some signs finished up! And Me, I guess I was flitting from here to there... hanging up laundry, then took it down again, taking pictures, and I need to go see if I can finish up the jacket that I started for Andrea!

5 comments:

  1. Good posting, Dena. Makes mine look downright silly. I am going right now to take my camera outside and take pics of our guys working outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Andrea, you're so cute! :) Miss you guys! -Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, no, Arla, I enjoy your blogs very much...I just don't have what it takes to find nice pics in my house...its just the same old boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoyed peaking in on your life Dena.

    ReplyDelete